(Multiple Positions: Events, Content, Social Media/Community)
Location: San Francisco, CA Bay Area (Events and Content) and Remote (Social Media/Community)
What You’ll Accomplish
Are you excited about Asia’s fast growing tech landscape? Are you passionate about helping companies expand globally and improving how cross-border business is currently done?
Our team works with corporations, investors, startups from different parts of North America and Asia to close cross-border business and tech investment deals. Our world-class advisors have been instrumental in initiatives such as Qualcomm’s entry into China, distribution of Netscape in APAC, launching well-known software companies across Far East, SE Asia and Greater China, and investing in the new wave of unicorns in US and Asia. We are seeking Interns to join our team to participate in content creation, research, branding and community building.
The ideal candidate will be a pro-active problem-solver that values knowledge sharing who is able to work with government entities, corporate executives, and our multi-talented staff. If you want to invest time into strategizing and implementing ways to best serve the global entrepreneurial community, then apply to join our team!
- Create interesting content about relevant topics.
- Regularly share relevant articles on US-Asia tech on SGA social media channels.
- Research and publish case studies, benchmark surveys and key research findings on developments and best practices of expanding into new markets and cross-border business between North America and Greater Asia.
- Strategize and brainstorm with the team to assist high-profile corporate clients, investors and growth stage startups achieve their cross-border expansion goals.
- Help plan and execute conferences, monthly events, and other partner events to grow and deepen the community.
- Business-oriented personality with entrepreneurial spirit.
- Operates with discretion, keeping sensitive/confidential information private
- Takes initiative and adapts to changing circumstances
· Value Knowledge sharing
- Displays willingness to accept responsibility and produce results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Prefer candidates who have lived abroad, particularly in Asia, or have experience working with Asian and US companies.
- HS Diploma; working on Bachelor’s Degree.
Unpaid/Stipend/credit may be available upon request
To apply, please link to your resume and a writing sample, along with a concise statement about your interest in and experience with the North American-Asian tech community in the form below.
About Startups Greater Asia (SGA)
Startups Greater Asia (SGA)’s mission is to bridge the tech community of North America and of Asia with knowledge, connections and resources. We understand the challenges of finding verified business intelligence about and validating cross-border business opportunities between North America and Asia.
With our Greater Asia Advisory Network of experienced investors, corporate executive and entrepreneurs from all parts of Asia, we are creating a centralized hub for companies, founders and investors to:
(a) better evaluate expansion or deals opportunities in Asia/North America;
(b) find cross-border growth resources; and
(c) connect directly with the right opportunities.
SGA provides strategic advisory services and corporate/startup matchmaking services, in addition to hosting relevant events and sharing cross-border business insights with its members. We appreciate the nuances of the diverse Asian business landscape and help companies and investors find and make sense of key information.